12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200
Omaha, NE 68154 Get Direction

Commercial Insurance in Nebraska

Independent insurance agents work for you, not for just one insurance company. Using an experienced independent agency means you have someone that will create the best plan for your needs. Ed Thompson knows the commercial insurance requirements for the Omaha, Bennington and Elkhorn, Nebraska service area. Quotes are provided with no cost or obligation. When you work with the Ed Thompson Insurance Agency you can compare up-to-date insurance costs for yourself, without wasting time searching individual provider’s websites.

Nebraska Commercial Auto Insurance

Autos used in conducting business should have commercial insurance coverage. Commercial coverage is not just for freight trucks, construction equipment and taxis. Minimum liability coverage starts at $500,000 and goes higher depending on the nature of the cargo or number of passengers. For example, taxis must have $500,000 of coverage while buses must carry $1.5 to $5 million in liability insurance.

Nebraska Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL)

CGL liability insurance is designed to protect you and your business from day-to-day events. If a customer or visitor to your business is injured while on your property, your GCL insurance provides the coverage you need. These policies can also protect you if a customer's belongings are damaged. Manufacturers can obtain coverage for liability related to the products they produce.

Nebraska Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial property insurance is similar to a homeowner's insurance policy. This coverage provides protection for the building and often the building contents, including inventory if applicable. While you may rent a commercial property, you would still want your equipment to be covered. Commercial property owners should discuss coverage with tenants. Special coverage is available to protect you from financial loss if your business is closed due to a covered event.

Nebraska Workers Compensation

Workers compensation insurance is mandatory for all employers in the state of Nebraska. Agricultural operations come under a slightly different set of rules. Individuals who employ household staff are not required to provide coverage. If you employ a large domestic staff, compensation coverage should be considered.

Nebraska Business Owner Package (BOP)

Standard BOP policies cover business property, building contents and general liability. Workers’ compensation and vehicle coverage are not part of these packages. A complete insurance policy can be tailored to the exact needs of your business. Business interruption and product liability are available options. When you are looking at a BOP plan, take the time to compare quotes from several insurance providers by filling out the form on our website.

Frequently Asked Questions

Coming Soon...

States Served

  • Nebraska
  • Iowa
  • Colorado
  • Kansas
  • Missouri
  • Texas