Ed Thompson Insurance Agency, serving the greater Omaha, NE community, has been taking care of your home insurance needs for many years. We know that a severe storm can cause a lot of damage to your home, so it’s important to take steps to protect your property before one may hit.
Here are some tips on how you can prepare your home for a storm:
1. Trim any trees or branches that may pose a risk to your house during the storm.
Falling tree limbs and branches can easily break windows and cause other types of damage, so this is an important first step in preparing for a storm.
2. Check your roof for loose shingles, cracks, or other signs of wear and tear that could lead to leaks or structural issues during the storm.
If you spot any problems with your roof, get them fixed as soon as possible – even if it means temporarily covering the area with a tarp or plywood until you can schedule a full repair.
3. Make sure you have adequate insurance coverage in case your home is damaged by the storm.
You should review your current policy to ensure that it covers any potential damage, and request an increase in coverage if necessary.
4. If possible, take steps to reinforce the exterior of your home before the storm hits, such as putting up shutters on windows or doors and reinforcing doorways with braces or other supports.
This will help protect your property from wind damage and flying debris during the storm.
5. Clear out gutters and downspouts so they’re free of leaves and other debris that could cause problems when water starts to flow.
Clogged gutters and downspouts can lead to roof damage, flooding, or other issues during a storm.
Get Home Insurance Today
Make sure to have insurance coverage for your home to protect your most valuable asset. For more tips, call the Ed Thompson Insurance Agency today. We are proud to serve the Omaha, NE area.